We are Happy Lotus
About Happy Lotus
With Happy Lotus I want to introduce the wonderful world of yoga to you. Whether you are stepping onto the mat for the first time or you have been practicing for many years: I am giving you the (emotional and physical) space to discover, and the freedom to be yourself. My classes are small and we practice Togetherness with a capital T ;-). It has been a pleasure to see that this connectedness has held up even during Corona times, when we were able to practice online only. Newcomers are welcomed with an open heart into our community.
I was born in Mainz, Germany, but have also lived for many years in the U.S., Indonesia, Burma, und Geneva, and these places have also left a huge impression on me and formed me. Since 2011, I have been living in Cologne.
I am a trained Yogatherapist. This is why it is so important to me to address the individual needs of my Yogis and Yoginis and to support their practice accordingly. I love to learn and am currently advancing my studies in Yoga and Depression and Trauma, as well as in Yoga and Cancer.
For most of my adolescence and adulthood I suffered from severe depressive episodes, eating disorders and body image issues. I repressed traumatic experiences. And I simply didn’t know that I could get out of the sadness and frustration. Yoga literally saved me. I want for you to profit from my experience and knowledge, so that you can enjoy a happy and healthy life.
Come and try yoga! I offer several different styles and am happy to advise you on classes which might be a good fit for you.
Yoga is not only wellness on a physical level. Just as important as physical fitness is your emotional wellbeing. I want for you to enjoy the time on the mat, to feel comfortable and safe and approach your practice with ease and fun. And I want you to leave class refreshed yet relaxed.
But I am only a tiny part of Happy Lotus. YOU make Happy Lotus the wonderful yoga community that it is. You enrich this space with your presence, your practice, your experiences. We have yogis and yoginis from all over the world practicing together – online and offline, in English and in German, depending on who is participating. I learn from you, I grow with you. I am with you on this journey.
I am very honoured to accompany you on your yogic path.
Yoga and Meditation Degrees (Excerpt)
- Coach for NI Neurosystemic Integration®, holistic-integrative Traumawork, Verena König, 2023
- Yoga and Cancer, KammlerAkadademie, 2022
- Traumasensitive Yoga, ongoing
- 25h Yin Yoga, Stefanie Arend, 2022
- 200H Yogatherapy, Unity Training, 2021
- Meditation Teacher, René Lecoutré, 2021
- 300H Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, The Yogaloft, 2022
- 200H Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Yogalife, 2018
- 25H Vinyasa Teacher Training, Vinyasa Yoga Academy, 2019
- 60H Children’s Yoga Basic Teacher Training, Kinderyoga-Akademie, 2019
- Yoga Alliance, E-RYT® 200, RYT® 500, YACEP
- BDYoga – Berufsverband der Yogalehrenden in Deutschland e. V.
- DGYO- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Yoga in der integrativen Onkologie e.V.
- Masters of Science Journalism, Boston University, 2001
- Bachelor of Science Psychology, University of Utah, 2000
- Bachelor of Communication, University of Utah, 2000
- since 2018: Yoga and Meditation teacher
- 2011-2019: UNICEF (Indonesia, Myanmar, HQ Geneva, Germany)
- 2000-2002: Freelance Journalist (US and Germany)